It’s a common question to be asked what’s my favourite place, thing I’ve done, thing I’ve seen etc. it is a question I hate because as you can imagine after more than 13 months I’ve seen and done quite a bit on this great continent so it’s hard to chose just one.
Instead of trying to decide on a single place I came up with several top 5 lists. A lot of thought has gone I to these lists and I know I’ve made some big calls. I’m sure not everyone will agree but they are my lists and I’m going to stick by them. Having said that your comments are more than welcome if it’s going to help a fellow traveller.
Top 5 Experiences
Includes events and adventure activities
1. World Cup, Brazil
2. Carnival, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3. Diving in various locations
4. Mini trekking on Perito Merno Glacier, Argentina
5. Learning to dance salsa in Cali, Colombia
Top 5 Waterfalls
1. Kaieteur Falls, Guyana
2. Angel Falls, Parque Nacional Canima, Venezuela
3. Iguazu Falls, Argentina and Brazil
4. Chorrillo del Salto, El Chalten, Argentina
5. Cascades Juan Curi, San Gil, Colombia
Top 5 Bucket List Items Completed
1. Visit all 7 continents – South America and Antarctica were my last 2
2. Travel 60 countries before I turn 30 – lucky Uruguay was number 60
3. Learn another language – I’m now fluent in Spanglish and have enough Spanish to get me by
4. PADI Open Water Dive certification – achieved this in Taganga, Colombia
5. Swim with Seals/Sea Lions in the wild – I had swum with them in captivity at Underwater World on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast but I’ve now swum with Sea Lions at Puerto Madryn and Galapagos
Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air!